Careers at Nile Capital Management
Mutual Fund Internal Wholesaler
New York City
We are seeking an experienced Internal Wholesaler (2-3 years of experience) in the New York City area with strong knowledge of mutual funds. The ideal candidate will have contacts into financial advisors and independent broker dealers as well as some experience in selling emerging market funds.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting and selling the Firm's mutual fund and separate account products over the phone to family offices, registered investment advisers and broker-dealers. He/She will respond to inbound client calls, answer product questions, and provide performance data in an effort to solicit business. The candidate should also be prepared to provide sales presentations and assist in the development of sales collateral.
• Work to sell investment products through financial intermediaries
• Assist in cultivating new and deepening existing relationships with advisors by working through database screening and outbound call campaigns
• Aid in scheduling and conducting sales appointments
• Develop relationship with financial professionals through outbound calls and meetings
• Handling special projects as assigned by management
• Work with contact relationship management database to track meetings, advisor information, etc.
• Identify new sales opportunities, work closely to close these opportunities
• Initiate and/or follow up on sales calls on products
• Assist in the launch of new products (campaign creation, logistics, marketing, etc.)
• Provide sales reporting data to management
• develop & maintain relationships with all producers & prospects via the phone
• Responsible for mailings/literature requests
• Follow up calls and thank you calls
• Prepares weekly action plan and review it daily to determine each day's call plan
• Strong desire to succeed, self starter with energy, enthusiasm and desire necessary to achieve goals in a consistent and timely manner
• Minimum of 40 quality contact calls per day
• Minimal travel, primarily within the Tri-State area
The successful candidate must possess the following:
• Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative with limited direction within a team environment
• Excel at telephone sales
• Must have excellent follow up skills
• Minimum of 2 years of financial industry experience in a sales capacity with mutual funds, alternative investments and/or managed accounts
• Clean FINRA series 7 and 63 or 66 licenses required
• College Degree
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. No recruiters.